Thursday, June 03, 2004
The power just came back on. Man, do I love storms.
I spent the evening at IHOP with Clayton, Chris, Steph, Amanda, Morgan and Greg, watching the rainfall and lightning through windows streaked with fingerprints.
I've been thinking a lot lately about clearing my conscience; letting Jen know I'm sorry for not telling her about Robby. I'm just not sure how to start. I'm still really mad about what she said about me (I hope she gets pregnant, and you get an STD), but I guess it's to be expected. She was angry.
But tonight I heard that she told Greg I got pregnant, had an abortion and didn't graduate high school... It goes without saying that I was shocked (S-H-O-K-T, even). Why am I always the last to hear the news? I've never been pregnant a day in my life, and I'm pretty sure I didn't just dream walking across that stage on Saturday.
I still do want to apologize, if only to show that I can be the bigger person, that I realize when I've made a mistake, and that I don't try to tatter someone's image because it makes me feel vindicated. Aren't we out of high school yet? When does the petty bullshit end?
I liked Robby... but I don't think that's why my friendship with Jen ended. It ended because it had to. Because I couldn't go on pretending to believe her anymore.
But yeah... I'm sorry, I guess.
.:dr0wningophelia:. 00:17 |
|